Makes 18 cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add both sugars, the avocado and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl then beat until smooth and creamy.
- Continue to beat as you add the eggs one at a time. Stop once the eggs are well incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients as you mix.
- Fold the chocolate chips and pecans into the dough.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheet in generous tablespoons.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.