- 6 medium baking potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 (8-ounce) can of gluten-free tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Pierce each potato a few times with a fork.
- Lightly rub the potatoes with vegetable oil.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high.
- Add the ground beef and brown as you break the meat up with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and chili powder.
- Add the minced garlic and onion. Continue to cook until softened and fragrant.
- Pour in the tamari and tomato sauce. Stir.
- Add a splash of water and stir again.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Let the beef cook until the potatoes are done.
- Cut into each potato to make a pocket for the fillings. Do not halve.
- Add the butter, some salt, black pepper and stuff with ground beef.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven to bake for a few minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Plate and serve.