• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ¾ teaspoon baking soda
• 1/3 cup butter or margarine
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ripe medium banana, mashed
• 1 cup old-fashioned oats
• ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a square cake pan. You can also line the pan with parchment for easy cleanup.
- Whisk the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. These are your dry ingredients.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter/margarine, oil, and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until the egg is well incorporated.
- Stir in the banana using a large spoon or rubber spatula followed by the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the oats until just combined then fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned and a tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice, plate, and serve.