- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 4 ounces tempeh bacon, chopped
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup soft or silken tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup nutritional yest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegan Parmesan
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tempeh bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Setaside.
- In a blender, combine the soy milk, , and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth. Setaside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the tofu mixture, 1⁄4 cup of the Parmesan, and all but 2 tablespoons of the tempeh bacon mixture.
- Toss gently to combine and taste, adjusting seasonings if necessary, adding a little more soy milk if too dry.
- Top with several grindings of pepper, the remaining tempeh bacon, the remaining Parmesan, and parsley. Serve fresh.