This tropical dish is sure to please any crowd this summer! Enjoy the sweet flavors of fresh pineapple paired with succulent chicken and complimented with fresh ginger and cilantro, a match made in heaven. Not only is this dish sure to impress, it is so quick and easy to make. This means less time in the kitchen and more time socialising and enjoying your favorite cold drink with friends and family.
3 Large Chicken breasts fillets (skinned and boned)
4 tb Fresh Cilantro - chopped (plus extra for garnish)
4 ts Ginger root- minced
2 cup Roma tomato - diced
2 cup Fresh pineapple – skin and core remove, diced
1 cup Green onion - sliced
2 Large green chilli (or 3-4 sml/med) – seeds removed and chillies finely diced
2 tb Lemon juice
2 tb Butter
1/2 tsp Salt
- Make pineapple salsa by mixing together in small bowl, cilantro, ginger root, a ¼ tsp salt, tomato, pineapple, green onion, chilies and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken by cutting the breasts in half. To do this place the chicken breast on a cutting board, flat/smooth side down. Place the palm of your non-cutting hand on the top of the breast, and then with a sharp knife, slowly cut horizontally through the breast. Start the cutting on the long, thick side of the breast. Do this with all three large chicken breast, you will now have six chicken fillets to cook with.
- In a fry pan, place butter and melt over medium heat. Add the chicken and sprinkle with remaining salt. Saute, turning once, about 6 minutes or until light brown on each side. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook about 5 more minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and juice runs clear and cooked through.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter and spoon pineapple salsa over chicken.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro. Enjoy with friends and a cool summery beverage.