Fried Green Tomatoes
• Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
• ½ cup whole milk
• 1 egg, beaten
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup unseasoned panko breadcrumbs
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• 4 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- Heat half an inch of oil in a deep skillet to 375 degrees F.
- As the oil heats, whisk the milk and beaten egg together in a shallow dish.
- Add the flour to another shallow dish.
- Transfer the breadcrumbs to a third shallow dish with the seasonings. Whisk to combine.
- Dredge each tomato slice in flour then dip in the milk and egg mixture before coating with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Fry the tomato slices in batches for 2 minutes per side or until golden and crispy.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve as desired.