Makes 16 Fritters
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup chopped apples
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Pure cane confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl with the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk.
- Whisk the milk, vanilla extract, and egg together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold apples into the fritter batter.
- Pour an inch of coconut oil in a skillet. Heat over medium.
- Add a drop of the batter into the oil to test. Reduce heat to medium-low when the oil is hot to maintain the temperature.
- While working in batches, drop fritters into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer fritters to the prepared baking sheet. Drain excess oil with paper towels If needed.
- Bake for 5 minutes to make sure the fritters are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before dusting with confectioners’ sugar.