Makes 12-14 cookies
- 2 ¾ cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon morsels
- Add the oats to a mixing bowl with all three flours, xanthan gum, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the unsalted butter and sugar to a separate mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high until fluffy and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients as you mix to incorporate. Stop when just combined.
- Place the dough into the fridge for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Form the dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Press some cinnamon chips into each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and the middle is set.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before serving.