Makes 8 muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Add the oat flour to a large mixing bowl with the cornmeal, arrowroot powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Mince the garlic then use the tines of a fork to mash into a paste.
- Add this to the bowl along with both purees, the milk, and lemon juice followed by the salt and pepper.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ of the way with batter.
- Place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.