Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse the chickpeas and drain but set the canning liquid aside.
- Add all the ingredients except the additional oil and paprika to a blender or food processor.
- Process/blend for about 5 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper, if needed. You can also add some of the canning liquid if the hummus is too thick.
- Process/blend for another 3 minutes or so.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve with toasted pita or vegetables.