• 1 cup ripe diced mango
• 1 cup fresh orange juice
• 1 habanero chili, stemmed, remove the ribs and seeds for less heat
• 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
• Juice of half a lemon
• 2 lbs. chicken wings
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• Kosher salt and black pepper
- Add the mango to the bowl of a food processor with the orange juice, habanero, honey/sugar, and lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour through a sieve and into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the wings to a bowl with the oil. Toss.
- Generously season with salt and black pepper. Toss again to coat.
- Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Divide the glaze in half in two vessels to avoid cross-contamination.
- Brush the wings with half the glaze.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining glaze.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until the glaze caramelizes.