• Olive oil
• 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
• ¼ cup diced yellow onion
• 2 minced garlic cloves
• 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions.
- Sauté for 6 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and start to brown a bit.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes or until the garlic has softened.
- Set the mushroom and onion mixture aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a food processor with the mushroom mixture, salt, black pepper and about 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Process until smooth. Add more oil if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the fresh parsley.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips or vegetables.