Makes 14-16 cookies
• 1 cup peanut butter
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg, beaten
• ¼ cup slivered almonds, ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the peanut butter, sugar and egg to a mixing bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula or large spoon to fully incorporate. Stop when the cookie dough begins to pull away from the spatula/spoon.
- Fold in the ground almonds.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into balls and place an inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball of dough using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup.
- Create crosshatch marks using a fork dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.