Pesto Scrambled Eggs
• 1 ¼ cups fresh basil, packed
• ¼ cup arugula, packed
• ¼ cup almonds
• 1 garlic clove, peeled
• ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
• ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
• Kosher salt
• Black pepper
• 5 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon milk
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the basil to the bowl of a food processor with the arugula, almonds, garlic, parmesan cheese, and lemon zest.
- Pulse until the ingredients start to come together. Stop to scrape the sides occasionally.
- Run the food processor as you deliver the extra-virgin olive oil in a steady stream. Stop once the pesto is smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper then set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl with the milk.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the eggs and scramble to your liking. This will take 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then stir in the pesto.
- Plate and serve.