Sweet Potato Hummus
• 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed
• ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
• 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 2 minced garlic cloves
• 2 tablespoons tahini
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Juice of 1 lime
• Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
• Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the sweet potato with vegetable oil and place onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place into the oven to bake for 40 minutes or until the sweet potato can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, paprika, and lime juice.
- Process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with crudité or pita.