- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ lbs. lean ground turkey
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with canning juices
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan and cook while stirring until browned.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and black pepper to the turkey as well as the chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Toss in the garlic and onion.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the turkey, garlic, and onion to your slow cooker with all the other ingredients except the lemon juice and cilantro.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro.