Side Dish Serves 4-6
- 2 lg Yams (1 lb. each); peeled & sliced ¼”inch thick, then boiled
- 2 Oranges; peeled & sliced
- 3/4 Cup California Dried Figs— sliced crosswise — into fourths
- 1/4 Cup Walnut pieces
- 1/4 Cup Butter; melted
- 2 Tab Honey
- 1 tsp Grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare the yams by peeling and slicing them in to ¼ inch thick rounds, cook them until slightly tender.
- Arrange yam slices, oranges and figs in an 8″ round baking pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Combine melted butter, honey and orange peel. Pour all over the baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes, until bubbly.